We want to make your website as secure as possible.
Getting your website hacked is not fun and can be a costly, time devouring exercise.
There are a number of simple rules to keep the hackers out.
1. Make sure (as we originally stated) that you don’t have any users with the username ‘Admin’. As this is the default setting in WordPress it is what hackers program their robots to use by default – that way they only have to solve the password not the combination.
2. Install a Security Plugin – We suggest iThemes – it’s free and when set up correctly it works – really well!
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- In the search field enter iThemes Security
- Click Install then Activate
- Now in the Admin Menu you should see a new menu item Security.